I am Ember Winter Phoenix, and I welcome you to the chronicles of my path through Modern Hekatean Witchcraft and the gallows of an unexpected divorce, depression, illness, and trauma.
I have been a student of witchcraft since 1993 and have only now found my true path in devotion to Hekate. She has called to me from time to time over the years, and I never heeded that call, but studied her with interest. Now, in my darkest hour, she is at the gate of my path to healing. And I accept her call.
To aid me in learning the tenets of this path, I am going to be working through Keeping Her Keys: An Introduction to Hekate’s Modern Witchcraft by Cyndi Brannen. It takes one calendar year and a day to complete the course, and I’ll be taking up additional texts along the way.
Other books I’ll be studying and reviewing include:
- The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire by Skye Alexander
- The Modern Witchcraft Guide to the Wheel of the Year by Judy Ann Nock
- The Modern Witchcraft Spellbook by Skye Alexander
- The Modern Witchcraft Book of Tarot by Skye Alexander
- Witchery by Juliet Diaz
- Green Witchcraft I: Folk Magic, Fairy Lore, & Herb Craft by Ann Moura
- Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow by Ann Moura
- Green Witchcraft III: The Manual by Ann Moura
- Witch by Lisa Lister
- Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows by Ann Moura
- The House Witch: Your Complete Guide to Creating a Magical Space with Rituals and Spells for Hearth & Home by Arin Murphy-Hisok
- Craft: How to Be a Modern Witch by Gabriela Herstik
- Wiccapedia: A Modern-Day White Witch’s Guide by Shawn Robbins & Leanna Greenaway
- Wiccapedia Journal: A Book of Shadows by Shawn Robbins & Leanna Greenaway
- Enchantments: A Modern Witch’s Guide to Self-Possession by Mya Spalter
- Making Magic by Briana Suassy
- Hekate: Liminal Rites by Sorita d’Este & David Rankine
- Wicca Book of Shadows by Lisa Chamberlain
- Evoking Hekate: The Goddess of Magic by Anousen Leonte
- The Hearth Witch’s Compendium by Anna Franklin
- Weave the Liminal: Living Modern Traditional Witchcraft by Laura Tempest Zakroff
- Witchcraft: A Compendium of Magic, Spells, & Potions by Anastasia Greywolf
- Love Magic by Anastasia Greywolf
- The Witch’s Altar by Jaskon Mankey & Laura Temptest Zakroff
- The Witch’s Book of Self Care by Arin Murphy-Hisok
- Inner Witch: A Modern Guide to the Ancient Craft by Gabriela Herstik
- Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
- Aradia: Gospel of the Witches by Charles Leland
- Sigil Witchery by Laura Tempest Zakroff
- The Magical Household by Scott Cunningham & David Harrington
Follow along with me as I delineate my witch’s path, free myself from the shackles of this divorce, my illness, my depression, and my trauma. I’ll include detailed reviews of each text, tidbits from the books, and some of my own ritual and spell adaptations.
Brightest blessings & Hail Hekate!
~Ember Winter Phoenix